- Medical gowns are essential personal protective equipment (PPE) for healthcare workers and medical professionals.
- Due to shortages of PPE during surge capacity situations, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC recommends washable cloth isolation gowns be used.
- Multiple-use gowns are superior from an environmental perspective, as well as, from a protection and durability standpoint.
- Reusable gowns provide greater water resistance, strength, and pilling resistance than disposable gowns.
- Industrial laundering does not negatively affect the protection or performance of reusable gowns across the expected service lifespan.